Thursday, May 24, 2018

Back on the Lake, Full Swing Spring

Greetings from Lake Winnipesaukee. We are back on the lake and this year, had the opportunity to be here in Spring. How lovely to arrive before the leaves bud out. We looked out to the mountains as we traveled back and forth to our marina, and the mountains appeared pink with deciduous buds. Now they are greening up and just the mountain tops are left to bud and leaf out. And Mt. Washington still has some snow, although it seems less and less each day. We wake mornings and evenings to the sounds of toads and birds. Lovely to be back.


And, it's been a while since I posted to the blog, so I have some Boston area photos to share with you as well. Flowers, Walden pond, music and poetry. I have been swimming outdoors now for a while this season, and in the Boston area, I no longer need the wetsuit. But here on Lake W. I am opting for it gladly. And speaking of poetry, I have had quite a few readings especially in April, National Poetry month. I had the opportunity to read at Garden in the Woods for their Trillium week, and took some nice photos of the trilliums and other flowering native plants.


I hope you enjoy these photos. I have quite a few, as I have not had time to post to the blog recently.
 As always, it's lovely to hear from you.

Carla

**************

Sunset on the Lake, One the Wake with the Sun

Turtles, Garden in the Woods, a Sunny Afternoon

Lake Winnipesaukee




Pre-dawn. In May, the sun takes its time rising, and we have a lovely dawn.






Mountains before budding


My Indoor and Outdoor Garden

includes amaryllis, bachelor button (outside) lilac (outside) peas, started indoors from Trader Joe's snap peas, and lots of colors of geraniums














Boston Charles River Riding

I had a poem accepted once more to the Mayor of Boston's poetry program. This time it was a poem about a man playing bad trumpet under the Mass Ave Bridge off the esplanade. I have video I have to upload soon I hope. Here are some of the early May spring photos of the river and Boston. You can see my poem and some of the presenting poets in the middle of this set of photos. Also pictured are photos of a new bridge for cyclists and pedestrians being built near the Charles T stop.































































Andy Statman played TCAN









Trillium Week, Garden in the Woods



























































































































Walk from Walden Pond to Mt. Misery in Lincoln

A friend and I walked one early May day from Walden to Mt Misery and back. Here is some of what we encountered along the way.




The TC Cannon show was on at the Peabody Essex Museum in Salem during the MA Poetry Festival.



















A Few More Walden Photos over the last few months












Arlington Jazz and other Music Photos

















A walk in the Arnold Arboretum in May, lovely!











More Walden Pond Photos








Lovely Rude to explore the Assabet River Rail Trail from Acton to Stow















Searching out Dug Pond in Natick

I was hoping to see what the potential for swimming in Dug pond in Natick was. Well, very little potential. But it was a nice exploration to ride my bike over there and check it out.








Fields Corner Dorchester Open Mic at Home.Stead Cafe

Very cool open mike in Dorchester hosted in part by Anna Ross. Poetry and Music, and a lovely community.







Student Walkout in Weston 



Glimpses of the Central Rail Trail in Wayland... looking forward












No comments :

Post a Comment