Thursday, September 15, 2016

Quiet, September days...Last Days

We are coming on our last days here on Bear Island, and it's sad to be leaving. I am not packing up yet, though. I think that will have to be at the last minute so that I can savor each moment on the lake until then. This week we had visits from a friend from Carlisle, and some family member. We hiked up Mt. Lafayette one day.... 9 miles, 10 1/2 hours of walking (with rests) and that pretty much wore me out for a couple of days. I am just now recovering.

I've been taking photos and thinking about endings. I hope you enjoy these photos.

PS I am still updating the videos and recipes tab on this blog, but a bit at a time. In the meantime, here is a link to my newest video...about what's new in the Wake with the Sun for 2016. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrmqvdofD7I

Birds that Dry










Sunrises and Dawns



















Hiking Mt. Lafayette































Visiting with Friends, Sunset Cruise and More

Our friend arrived one afternoon and we met him at Y Landing with our two pedal kayaks. The three of us kayaked back to Bear Island and then took the boat out for a sunset cruise. I cooked our dinner as we headed out. We sat and talked and ate under the stars, and went for a dip before we headed back under starlight to our running and anchor light. 








 









Sunrise Kayak to Begin the Hike

































Coming Hme





Rainstorm Day



Mt. Washington and The Mount Washington Boat




Overwater Clouds and Birds and Underwater Experiments

























Traveling Photos - From the Kayak













An Outing to French Cove, South Tip of Bear Is.









A Passerby Saying Hi


Family Outing to AMC's Three Mile Island










4 comments :

  1. Looks like you guys have had a great summer. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carla,
    Great photographs and commentary, as always. From lake level (and below) to waterfall and mountaintop, thanks for a wonderful journey!
    -Kirk

    ReplyDelete
  3. great photos - so lovely to be immersed in nature for a while ! :)

    ReplyDelete