Wednesday, October 10, 2018

#sheroars18 The Princeton University Alumnae Conference 2018

I had the opportunity to engage and participate in the 2018 Women Alumnae Conference for Princeton University recently. Check it out through #sheroars2018.

Presenters included alumnae Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan in conversation, Anne-Marie Slaughter and Amy Cuddy, Ellie Kemper, Doug McGrath, a fantastic one-woman play called the A Train, about a mother's exploration of her child's autism, discussions on free speech by Keith Whittington with Carolyn Rouse (a firebrand herself), Liza Mundy, and many more interesting presenters. Even I had the opportunity to present my books of poetry at an author event.

I made so many new connections and was entirely inspired during the 3 extremely long and full days of programming. What an amazing event. I feel so honored to have taken part.

By the way, for those who haven't watched, here is the video I made for my participation in the event.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Onb21nQoX8

Here is a link to all the presenters. https://sheroars.princeton.edu/presenters/


Here are some of my photos of the event. There were 3300 participants, so it was not easy to get good shots from a distance for some of these, but I did my best. I also took a ton of photos on a phone that got smashed, so I cannot retrieve those. I include copies of the few I uploaded to instagram.

I also enjoyed walking around campus and viewing the architecture.




This is the amazing Icahn building. I took many photos of this on the sd card that was corrupted. The seats are a subtle orange and black inside. There is a room inside the hallway that is shaped like a tiger's head and is black.



I could not help photographing this \book cover at Labyrinth Books in Princeton.


Liza Mundy, author of Code Girls









Orange and Black Prevail




















Doug McGrath







The A Train play




































Blurry photo of the two justices of the SCOTUS


























Dean of Northwestern Law School


"She Roars" spell the seats



Ellie Kemper









No comments :

Post a Comment