Saturday, May 4, 2019

Spring in Full Swing, Back on the Lake

Let's take a deep breath. Spring has finally arrived, after a great deal of rain recently. We arrived back on Lake Winnipesaukee (I am still going back and forth) and it is full, and somewhat in flood.

For our first day there together, we paddled around Five Mile Island nearby, and I also peddled the kayak over to get a few more groceries.

Last week I had a performance in Cambridge, and on the way in, we stopped at the Whole Foods in Bedford (MA) and as we were leaving, Claude pointed a rainbow out to me, and there I saw this red-tailed hawk, and grabbed my camera and took a few photos.

We also did start swimming in Walden pond, but last week (Monday) I swam and it had chilled down quite a bit. Hopefully with the sun coming out this coming week it will warm up.

As usual, I had the chance to see some cool music, including Duke Levine and his Super Sweet Sounds of the 70s. This is a very band, and I got some very good pix. I also had the chance to see Adrian Belew perform. He is quite a showman. And I have more Dennis Brennan pix too.

I had a chance to visit a few Saxonville Artist studios and took a few photos.

And my garden is popping up with a few peas and beans so far. I am hoping to enjoy the fruits.

I have so many favorite pictures in here. One of Duke Levine, one of Andrea Gillis, and many I took on the boat and of the boat. I couldn't choose the first photo, so went with the Red Tailed Hawk.

Happy Spring.

Carla

****************
Here are some photos of the Red Tailed Hawk in Bedford, MA





Back On the Lake












































Duke Levine and the Super Sweet Sounds of the 70s

Duke Levine, Kevin Barry, Mike Rivard, Paul Schultheis, and more. Including Dave Mattacks playing drums on a Fairport Convention song.

























Nice photo of Duke Levine







Dennis Brennan

I was able to catch the last Dennis Brennan Band show before they took a break. Here are some photos, including some nice ones of Andrea Gilles, as well as the playlist and the audience shoes. And a couple of nice photos of Catharine David singing with Dennis Brennan and the band. The band includes Billy Beard, Kevin Barry, Duke Levine, and Richard Gates.











































Adrian Belew

He loved the spotlight.












Garden

Here are a few pictures from my garden, including the two peonies that didn't get crushed by the Minisplit/Heat Pump unit I had installed in Winter, when they were dormant.





Saxonville Studios

Here are a few of Sorin Bica's paintings in his studio, and those of Tyler Marsland in Saxonville, Framingham MA. Also, there were a couple of artists, including Catherine Weber, who were painting a scene (the same scene) from a photograph of an ice house on Lake Winnipesaukee in a storm last winter. 

After our visit (they have a party on the 2nd Friday of the month) we went over to the Turkish restaurant in Saxonville, and then stopped in at the Russian Grocery Store in Framingham. 


















Denise Bergman Book Launch, Porter Square Books

Deni Bergman wrote an incredible book of poems, Three Hands None, recently published by Black Lawrence Press.
Here are a few photos from her reading.








 Random Photos off my Phone

Here are a few. After we were disappointed with the change in menu of the Trails End Cafe, we decided to turn back to Chelmsford, where we had originally gone for our sunday morning rides and discovered the Chelmsford Diner, which is the real deal. We love it. Here is a photo of the veggie omelette, with frank's hot sauce... we didn't have to bring our own. I also have a photo of Richard Blanco, Obama's second inaugural poet, and some of the strikers at a local stop n shop last month.











2 comments :

  1. Good to see you are back on the lake. Wow, it would appear to be very high from some of the dock/camp photos. Can't believe you've been swimming. Bob, Ilana, Theresia, and I got back Tuesday from Hilton Head/Savannah and I went in the pool once. It was high summer (in VT) weather when we left to return to 40s and raining here.

    Enjoyed the pics. Can't believe your peas are up that high.

    More later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi John, thank you so much for your comment. Yes the water is high. I am swimming in Walden pond, but not here yet, it's too cold for me. Glad you had some nice travels to Georgia and SC. I planted peas and beans from saved seeds around April 1 or so. looking forward to hearing more.

      Delete