Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Traveling

Anna Maria, Florida


I had stopped writing this blog for a while, as we have left the tiny houseboat some months ago. But I miss it -- the houseboat, yes, but the writing and sharing my photos, too.  I have more recipes to add to the recipes tab, and have taken some beautiful photographs. Here I will start with some I have taken in and around Anna Maria Island, FL, between Tampa and Sarasota on the Gulf coast.  Check out the sand patterns. And the Special Suns. A new recipe I will have to add. The weather here has been a mix of sunny and hot, and cool and stormy. Some very wild weather here, and you might see this reflected in some of the water shots. I once lived in Florida, and it's a strange kind of vacation/homecoming. Not unlike going to Vermont, except, I never visited Anna Maria Before. I have had a chance to visit with family and friends and am starting to make new ones.




Rooftop decking and banyon tree



Florida house and Rod 'n Reel Pier


Wavy Sea and Windy Sand Patterns


















Snowy Egret

Sunset through the car window and the view from Skyway bridge

Flora


'68 Chevelle  -- Florida nostalgia for my '67

Wild Seas



Calmer Seas

Carla and Claude

Carla and Cindy at the Robinson Preserve




Gulf on a windy day

Hibiscus

Birds of the piers and the piers

Sunset

Claude on the beach

Special Suns 








Florida house












Sunsets, Sand, Wilderness, and Solar

It's hard to resist heading out the three blocks from our rental in Anna Maria Florida to walk to watch the sunset over the Gulf of Mexico, or to watch the while water. Yesterday we headed out to Lithia Springs Regional Park, hoping for some snorkeling in their spring, but it was closed for swimming, so I went on the hiking trail and took some photos. Here are some of the photos from the last couple of days.

Dates filled with cheese and pistachios with balsamic vinegar at Arts and Eats in Bradenton




Egret in the side yard




Wilderness, and not so wild at Lithia Springs Regional Park




More Sunsets


More Special Suns..with Mushrooms




Late Afternoon on the Beach



Late Afternoon in Town










No comments :

Post a Comment