Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Moving Slips, Switching Winds, Neighbors, Friends, Blue-Green Algae

I've been thinking about a lot these past couple of days. A friend asked me what moving slips means. I have a photo of the slip we moved from and the slip we moved to. These are not the only slips that might move.





_________________________________

And then I was thinking about the blue-green algae bloom that happened just north of here yesterday, right near where I had swum. I saw the algae and tried to photograph it. I took some nice photos on that swim. When I was talking with my friend, John, I told him I swam with the cyanobacteria, and he asked me if I was tired of swimming with the manatees. Silly joke I know.

What's nice about this home-coming is that I have a nice tiny home to stay in, and lots of old friends to meet with. I visited Mannie yesterday, both in the tiny house, and in his fab office on the top floor of a condo building overlooking the lake. Then I saw my old buddy Mike was in the same building so I chatted with him too.

I am glad to be here. I hope you like some of these photos.

Also, don't forget to check out the videos on the videos tab, or subscribe to the video channel on the right.

Storm Clouds


This morning:





Good friends



Sunset


Tiny House Morning


Rough Day Out There



Mannie at Work



My Mom, from an 05401 issue way back when



Have you heard about solar popcorn?



Mannie



View from Mannie's Office




Swimming and Paddling Yesterday



Cyanobacteria?




New Neighbors



Yesterday Morning, From NoWhere, Rollers



The Board



Between North Beach and Leddy







Neighborhood









First Thing Paddle out the house



From Nowhere, Rolling Ripples



Neighborhood






No comments :

Post a Comment